EIDON True color confocal scanner
Eidon is the first true color confocal scanner in the market. It provides unsurpassed image quality, 60 field in a single exposure and a unique, live, confocal view of the retina, thus opening new opportunities in retinal diagnostics.
The first true color scanning ophthalmoscope
EIDON is the first system to combine the advantages of SLO with the fidelity of true color
imaging, setting new performance standards in retinal imaging. EIDON provides unsurpassed image quality, 60° field in a single exposure, a unique, live, confocal view of the retina, three different imaging modalities and dilation-free operation, all integrated in a versatile system that provides new opportunities in retinal diagnostics.
The device is operated via a tablet with a multi-touch, high resolution, color display; it works with a dedicated software application and operates as a standalone unit. A joystick is provided when manual operation of the device is desired.
How it works
Eidon has been designed to provide maximum flexibility during use. Its intuitive commands permit to range from fully automated to fully manual mode.
It works with a dedicated software application and operates as a standalone unit, through the use of a high resolution, multi touch, color display tablet.
The device captures 60° in a single exposure, supports single or multi-field acquisitions, provides seven predefined fields and allows selection of any non standard field by displacing the fixation target.
It auto aligns to the patient’s pupil, focuses the retina and captures images, IR and color, using a soft light source that guarantees maximum patients’ comfort.
What you see is what it is!
The unique combination of confocal imaging and white light illumination offers superior image quality and color fidelity. Using white light, the retina appears as it looks when directly observed, as the entire visible spectrum is present in the captured image.
- - Extreme ease of use: patient auto-sensing, auto-alignment, auto-focus.
- - All-in-one compact design, no additional PC required (Small footprint) standalone operation.
- - Local storage of Patients information and images.
- - Tablet operated
- - Short exam time: captures one eye in less than 1' (single field)
- - Multiple imaging techniques with different light sources
- - True color images
- - Wide field,60° in a single exposure, up to 110°with multiple acquisitions
Benefits of the EIDON:
· True color and infrared confocal images
· Super-high resolution and contrast
· Capability to image through cataract and media opacities
· Dilation-free operation
· Optimal exposure of the optic disc
· Exam time less than 1’ per eye (single field)
· From Fully automated to Fully manual mode
· User friendly software interface.
Field of view: 60° x 55°
Non mydriatic operation
(2.5 mm minimum pupil size)
Working distance: 28 mm
Sensor size: 14 MPixel (4608x3288)
Resolution: 60 pixel/deg
Visible light spectrum ranges: 440 - 650 nm
Infrared light spectrum range: 825 - 870 nm
Movable internal fixation target
Tablet based interface
Weight: 25 Kg (55 lbs)
Size: 62 x 59 x 36 cm (24’ x 23’ x 14’)
Digital joystick with holder
Imaging modalities: color, IR, red-free
Automatic operation: auto-alignment, auto-focus, auto-exposure, auto-capture
Auto-focusing adjustment range: -12D to +15D
Dynamic programmable internal fixation target, in every position of the field
100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Power Consumption: 80W